Vegan Burger Recipe
Veganuary is a non-profit organisation that encourages people worldwide to try to be vegan for January and beyond. During the 2019 campaign, more than a quarter of a million people took the pledge to try a vegan diet! So how about it, will you try our delicious vegan burger recipe?
- 4kg sweet potato
- 4kg beetroot
- Four red onions
- One bulb of garlic
- Two red chillis
- Bunch of coriander
- Four focaccia rolls
- Eight slices of tomato
- Baby gem lettuce
- Chilli jam
- Heat the oven to 180°C fan.
- Pierce the sweet potatoes a few times with a fork or skewer.
- Rub each potato with 1 tsp of oil and some seasoning.
- Cook them for 40-45 mins or until they are tender all the way through.
- Once soft, push out the inner of the sweet potato out of its skin and place in a bowl.
- Take the skin off the raw beetroot and grate into the sweet potato.
- Finely chop the red onion, garlic and red chilli.
- Add into the sweet potato and beetroot when cool, then add coriander and gluten free flour to firm up.
- Create 200g shaped patties.
- Place on a heated pan until the patties colour.
- Place on a tray and pop in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Serve on focaccia with baby gem, two slices of tomato, chilli jam and guacamole.