Our vegan burger really hits the nail on the head. Want to try your very own? Check out our Head Chef Liam’s recipe below…
- 2 butternut squash, small dice
- 2 x 800g butter beans
- 1 medium red onion, fine dice
- 2 sticks of celery, fine diced
- 1 bulb of garlic, fine dice
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons sea salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons cracked black pepper
- ½ tablespoons Cajun spice
- 8 heap tablespoons gram flour
- Blanch the squash until tender, sieve and cool, do not refresh.
- Place the squash into a thick bottom saucepan and add the butter beans, dry the mix on the side of a low heat evaporating any excess water.
- With a hand masher, break down the beans to create a thick mash.
- Saute the remaining ingredients slowly, do not colour, just soften the vegetables.
- Mix these ingredients together with the squash and beans.
- Mix in the gram flour to finish the burger mix, check the seasoning to taste.
- Mould into burger shapes.
- Seal each burger in an oiled hot non-stick pan.
- Cook to taste.
- Allow to cool.