VENISON BURGER RECIPE
Who doesn’t love a hearty burger with all the fillings and a side of rustic chips? This venison burger recipe by Head Chef Liam makes approximately twelve sliders or five hearty main burgers. Impress your friends and family with this twist on a classic beef burger. Choose whether to BBQ, grill, oven or pan fry these mouthwatering venison patties. Deee-licious!
For this recipe you will need
- 1kg mince venison
- 100g pork fat, finely chopped or minced
- 100g fine chopped, smoked streaky bacon
- four cloves of garlic, finely crushed
- two tablespoons lemon zest and two tablespoons orange juice
- two tablespoons port
- four tablespoons chopped parsley
- two tablespoons chopped chives
- four shallots, finely chopped
- good pinch of sea salt and cracked black pepper
Liam likes to keep it simple with his venison burgers.
- Simply mix all the ingredients well, shape to size (use a cutter if it helps) and you’re done. All that’s left to do is cook.
- To cook: BBQ, grill, pan fry or oven bake.
Chef Tip: The pork fat is important as venison is a lean meat and the burger does need a little extra fat to help it cook without drying out (but if you want a healthy burger, leave it out).
- Serve in your bread of choice (we can’t resist a brioche bun) with some chips, onion rings and lots of salad.
Save the cooking to us…
Alternatively, come and try a Working Boat burger served with a side of harbour views. Perfect with a pint of our Working Boat brew, we’ll even do the washing up!